Make Gmail the default email program when you click email links in Chrome Browser
- Open Chrome Browser and click More Settings.
- Go to the Privacy and security section.
- Next to Site Settings, click the Right arrow
- Scroll down to Additional permissions and click Expand .
- Next to Handlers, click the Right arrow .
- At the top, make sure Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended) is turned on.
Note: Scroll down to the Blocked section and make sure that mail.google.com doesn't appear in this list.
- In your Chrome Browser's address bar, enter mail.google.com.
- Click Service handler .
- Click AllowDone.