The Chromebook screen recorder and screen capture tool is available in the Quick Settings panel. The tool can be used to capture static screenshots and record video.
Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows OR
Click the clock on the Shelf in the bottom-right corner to open the Quick Settings panel. Select the arrow in the top-right of the menu if it’s not fully expanded. Next, click the “Screen Capture” button.
Record your screen
The Screen Capture toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Make sure the video icon is selected for screen recording. The camera icon will only capture screenshots on your Chromebook.
There are a few different ways you can record the screen. You can choose to record the full screen, partial screen, or a specific window. Select one to proceed.
Before you start recording, click the gear icon. Here you can choose to record audio through the onboard microphone during the screen recording.
Starting the recording is a little different depending on the type you selected.
- Full Screen: Click anywhere on the screen to begin recording.
- Partial: Drag to select the area you want to record and then click the “Record” button.
- Window: Click the window or area of the screen you want to record to begin recording.
Take a screenshot
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows.
- In the menu at the bottom, select Screenshot .
- Select an option:
- Take a full screen screenshot .
- Take a partial screenshot .
- Take a window screenshot .
Tip: You can also take a screenshot with the menu at the bottom right.
- Select the time.
- Select Screen capture .
Find screenshots & recordings
- Screenshots get saved to your “Images” folder.
- Recordings get saved to your “Videos” folder.