Go to Self Service (or direct to https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos), Featured, click on Display Link, and click install
You will be prompted to save your work before your device reboots to complete the installation.
After rebooting, you will see that macOS Catalina 10.15 requires the user to permit "Screen Recording" for DisplayLink devices to work properly. The message is generated by the OS and the screen is not actually being recorded by DisplayLink. Approving it enables the DisplayLink driver to access the pixels it needs to render a mirrored or extended screens and send the pixels over USB from your computer to the DisplayLink display. It does not send any data or pixels back to DisplayLink.
To approve the permission, please follow these steps:
- Download and install DisplayLink in Self-Service.
- After Device Reboots, Open Systems Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Go to Privacy.
- Scroll down to Screen Recording
- Click on the Lock to make changes.
- Authenticate the changes by using your login details.
- Check the box next to DisplayLinkUserAgent.
- Click on the Lock again to save changes.
- Click “Quit now”.
- A reboot may be necessary.