- Squid is an Android App that must be installed locally to the Chromebook
- Open the Play Store from the icon on the shelf
- From the list of PTHSD approved apps, install the Squid License FIRST
- Click the student’s Google account to install
- After the license install, install the Squid app
- Google Drive and Classroom android apps must also be installed to use Squid with those apps
- Only apps that appear in the list of PTHSD approved apps can be installed
- Shelf Icons with the web icon are web apps, and without are android apps
- Export From Classroom
- Open Classroom (the Android app) and choose an assignment.
- Tap a PDF attached to the assignment. This opens the PDF in the Classroom PDF viewer.
- Tap the "Open in Drive" icon (box with an arrow pointing to the top right). This opens the PDF in the Drive PDF viewer.
- Tap the overflow menu (three vertical dots), tap Open with, then choose
- Turn in to Classroom
- Open the note you want to turn in to Classroom.
- Tap the overflow menu (three vertical dots in the upper right corner), then tap Export...
- Choose your desired export settings, then tap Share.
- Choose Classroom from the list of apps.
- Choose the Class and Assignment you want to attach the note to, then tap Turn in.
- You can import a PDF into Squid as a new note and easily write, draw, and markup on the PDF just like a standard note. A PDF is displayed as the background of a note in the original PDF format, so zooming in re-renders the PDF (as well as all your handwritten notes) in high quality. If you want to share your marked up PDF note with others, simply export it as a new PDF or set of images. Exporting a PDF note as a new PDF preserves the original PDF while adding all your handwriting and markups to it!
- Please note that your notes will be lost when you perform a factory reset, so make sure to back them up! You can create a local backup in the Squid settings.
- Go to the Squid settings and tap Backup and restore
- Tap Local backup
- Tap Create backup
- If the navigation drawer is not showing, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to open the drawer
- Choose the desired Drive account
- Navigate to the location within Drive where you want to save the backup file
- Tap Save
If you are creating a backup before factory resetting your device, make sure Drive has completed the upload before doing so. To do this, open the Drive app after completing the above steps. It should show a progress indicator with the upload/sync status.