Before you Begin:
Please watch the short video above. This will help you better understand 2 Step Verification and provide an overview of the setup process
- If you have an Android phone:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Tap Accounts, then Add Account
- Select Google and sign in with your District Account
If you have an iPhone:
- Get the Google app from the App Store
- Sign in with your Google Account
Step 1: Start 2-Step Verification Process
- Go to the 2-Step Verification page.
- Click Get Started button (shown below)
Step 2: Use Your Phone as Second Sign in
- Ensure your phone is listed (as shown below) if it is not then please go back to the Before You Begin section of this article and follow the instructions for your type of phone.
- Follow the instructions on your Screen and on your phone to finish setting up 2-Step Verification on your phone.
Step 3: Add a Backup Option
If you lose your Cell phone or your second step is unavailable, you'll need a backup option to help you get in to your account. You Must choose one of these options to complete the Setup.
Option 1: Setup up secondary Number
- Enter a secondary number (Not the cell phone just used)into the area provided. This can be a home line, second Cell Phone, or desk phone if you have one.
- Follow the instruction on your screen to Verify the backup phone number works.
Option 2: Create a List of Backup Codes
- Click "Use Another Backup Option"
- Either Print or Download the randomly generated code provided and Store them in a safe place should you require them if you lose your phone.
Step 4: Finishing Up
Once you select your backup Option simply Turn On which will activate 2-Step Verification for the PTHSD District Account.
Once you're finished, you'll be taken to the 2-Step Verification settings page.
Review your settings and add multiple verification methods (if Desired). The next time you sign in, you'll receive a pop up on your cell phone with a verification code.
If you are still having Issues changing your password, please contact the TSS Help Desk by dialing 4444 from any district phone so we can assist you over the phone, or by opening a Help Desk Ticket using the Instructions here.