Create and share a group calendar
When using Google Calendar at work or school, you can create a shared calendar that's accessible to everyone in your organization (or a subset of people you choose).
Create a group calendar
- Sign in to your account and display your Google Calendar.
- In the drop-down menu for My calendars, click Create new calendar.
- Fill in the name of the calendar (for example, "All Hands Meetings"), and the calendar description, location, and time zone.
- Check the box to Share this calendar with others and then check the option to share with everyone in your organization or choose specific people.
The settings under Share this calendar with others override the Share with specific people settings.
For example, when you share your group calendar with everyone in the organization, if you give them permission to See all event details, every user within the organization will see all event details, even if you also set See only free/busy under Share with specific people.
- Click Create calendar.
The calendar will now appear under My calendars.
To create events on the calendar, select it under My calendars, click the drop-down arrow, and select Create event on this calendar.
See the calendars you've created
- On your computer, openGoogle Calendar.
- On the left side of the page, clickMy calendars.
- You'll see a list of the calendars you've created. To display that calendar's events, click on the calendar's name. You'll know they're showing on your calendar when there's a colored box to the left of them.
To remove a calendar from your list, click the down arrow to the right of the calendar name > Hide this calendar from the list.